Would you like some extra help with your math homework? Perhaps with a writing assignment? Vocabulary and sentences or reading and English?
Silver Spring Library is now offering drop-in homework help on Thursday afternoons for elementary and middle school students in grades K-8. It is really wonderful to have students from Montgomery Blair High School volunteering to provide the one-on-one tutoring. Sign in upon arrival at the study tables on the 5th floor. Thursdays from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Let's not forget that Montgomery County Public Libraries has lots of other help for homework, too! For instance, our databases can provide just the right article or image you need for that project or poster. Here are some of the databases available for Homework Help:
- Biography in Context. Biographical articles from reference books and periodicals.
- Explora Primary School. Designed specifically for elementary school students, this database provides access to popular full-text magazines for elementary school research.
- Kids' Ebooks from Gale Virtual Reference Library. Many full-text reference ebooks on art, biography, general reference, history, and science for kids.
- WorldBook Online. Encyclopedia for students and adults, with multimedia content. Includes research tools, biographical information, newspapers, and science project help. Also includes Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos.
- Many more connections to history, geography, science, reading, government, and current events.
Oh, don't forget that we also have lots of print books, DVDs, and books on CD!
Hope to see you at the library soon!